There’s a valid reason why you should buy only the best toddler scooter for your child: kids under 6-years-old are full of energy and these awesome rides are perfect for learning balance, socializing and keeping away from gadgets.
But as parents, we know that scooters aren’t built the same. As much as we’d like to buy gifts that are value-for-money, toddler scooter must also be stable, durable, and safe.
If you’re a godparent, cool aunt or uncle, grandparents, or even a parent shopping for the best toddler scooter, no need to look further. We’ve explored the world of toddler scooters and found 20 toddler-worthy scooters.
BEST TODDLER SCOOTER FOR BEGINNERS AND ADVANCED RIDERS
Swagtron K2 Toddler 3 Wheel Scooter & Ride-On Balance Trike
BEST TODDLER SCOOTER WITH THE MOST FEATURES
BeeBeeRun 5-in-1 Kids Kick Scoote
20 Best Toddler Scooter in the Market this 2019
1. Micro Kickboard Mini Deluxe 3-Wheeled Scooter for Kids
- Scooter for Kids ages 2 to 5
- Three-wheeled for better stability
When it comes to scooters and similar rides, the Micro brand knows what’s up. Its Swiss-designed, 3-wheeled scooter is just as durable, smooth-gliding, and long-lasting as any other scooter in their lineup. But the Mini Deluxe has additional features for toddlers, including the lean-to-steer mechanism and adjustable handlebar so the scooter could grow with your kid.
The mini deluxe is a perfect scooter for learning balance and coordination. You don’t need any fancy assembly. Just pull the handlebar up, use the hex wrench (included) to lock it in place and that’s it. Make sure the handlebar remains tightly locked for a safe ride at all times.
- Comes in over 15 colors
- Holds up to 75 pounds
- Lightweight construction
- 2-year warranty
- Height-adjustable handlebar
- Not ideal for humps
2. YX Kick Scooter for Kids
- Folding scooter
- unisex for kids ages 3 to 12
- Lean-to-steer mechanism
- Flashing wheels
If you’re looking for something fancier than ordinary toddler scooters, the YX kick scooter for kids will definitely impress your kid. Once your toddler steps on the deck, this scooter lights up from the deck to front wheels.
Aside from illuminating the kid’s way during nighttime, the YX kick scooter was also designed to help newbies practice controlled turning and proper balance. It is equipped with a lean-to-steer mechanism and reinforced rear-wheel foot brake, which work well with kids still learning coordination.
- Unique headlights work as flashlight as well
- Adjustable height handlebar
- Two massive front wheels for extra stability
- Made from high-quality PU material
- Carries kids weighing up to 110 pounds
- Limited warranty
- Not known brand
3. Mountalk 3 Wheel Scooters for Kids
- Designed for boys and girls ages 2 to 7 years old
- As strong as steel scooters
- Carries kids up to 160 pounds
Mountalk’s 3-wheel scooter will warm the hearts of dog lovers with its subtle dog design. Even its rear brakes has an adorable dog paw design.
Available in baby pink and baby blue colors, this scooter is made with a mix of PP and fiberglass that makes it triple the strength and durability. It’s got no sharp edges and the handlebars are comfy and easy-to-grip.
This toddler scooter has two adjustable heights – 23.5″ and 27.5″ – so it could still be used as your toddler grows taller (up to 52 inches tall). Probably the best thing about this scooter is that the wheels are designed so no debris could ever get stuck, which dramatically improves gliding and prevents tumbles.
- Wide non-slip deck
- Anti-collision feature
- LED-powered rear wheel
- No assembly required
- Not foldable
4. S SKIDEE Y100 2-in-1 Scooter for Kids
- Equipped with folding removable seat
- Colorful lights with flashlight function
- Lean to steer mechanism
Marketed as a “Party on Wheels,” your kid will definitely get his/her party on with S SKIDEE’s Y100 2-in-1 scooter thanks to the wheels illuminated with rainbow lights.
It is designed with a durable seat, which you can fold up or remove completely when not in use. This seat is interesting because you can flip it in front of the handlebar out of the way, or stay round the back.
Even if this S SKIDEE toddler scooter is made lightweight materials, it still has note-worthy features like wide brake pedal and non-slip rubber handle that make the entire model feel heavy and sturdy.
- Extra-wide deck for additional stability
- Adjustable handlebar (there are at least 4 levels)
- Adjustable seat (a 10-inch and 12-inch from the ground up)
- No assembly required
- Not ideal for 5 and up (even if it says it was built for Ages 2-8)
5. BELEEV Kick Scooter for Kids
- Flexible enough to cater to kids 3 through 14 years old
- Light-up wheels
- Lean-to-steer tech
Included in our best toddler scooter list is BELEEV’s kick scooter that comes in nine different, candy-colored models. It is designed with 4-level adjustable handlebar, making it compatible for kids as young as 3 or those as old as 14.
Although the colors and light-up LED wheels make it look like a toy, the BELEEV scooter is professionally designed. It is equipped with 3 PU high-rebound wheels and ABEC-7 bearings, T-bar with secured twisting lock and large aluminum reinforced rear-wheel foot brake.
- Accommodates kids weighing up to 140 pounds
- Extremely durable
- Low and wide deck for better stability
- Quiet smooth wheels
- Portably and quick to store
- Lifetime warranty for defects
- Handlebar cover loosens up over time and slips
6. Greentest Toddler Scooter
- Ideally for ages 3 to 5
- Adjustable height
- Foldable and portable
This Greentest ride may not be the best toddler scooter in the market, but it can be your kid’s first and favorite one. Here’s why: it is built only with young kids in mind (about 2 to 5 years old).
Note that the company states this has a weight capacity of 110 pounds and suitable for up to 8 years old. The handlebar’s height can be adjusted at three levels – 27.5-inch, 29.4-inch and 31.4-inch.
There are several things to like with the Greentest toddler scooter, including its wide, anti-slip deck and foldable design that makes it easier for parents to haul it around. Those massive 120-mm PU wheels are also a show-stopper and are likely the reason why riding this scooter is as smooth as can be.
- Sturdy plastic construction
- 3-wheel design for extra stability
- Flashing LED lights on wheels
- 24-Month Guarantee
- Not for big kids
7. BeeBeeRun 5-in-1 Kids Kick Scooter
- Exceptional design from baby stroller to toddler scooter
- Legit ride that “grows with you”
- Can carry up to 50 kilos
BeeBeeRun’s 5-in-1 kids kick scooter doesn’t look meaty, but its design is definitely impressive. If you’re looking for something your toddler could use as early as 1-year-old and grow into as late as 8-year-old, this is the best toddler scooter for you.
The three-wheeled walker/scooter can be used as five types of rides: doll stroller, baby walker, toddler scooter, seated toddler scooter, and surfing kick scooter.
As you can imagine, there are plenty of customizations possible with this scooter. It has 3 seat height levels, 4 handlebar height adjustments, and several ways to set up the ride. The seat saddle, back handle rod, and back rest are all removable.
- Light-up LED wheels
- No-fuss installation
- Perfect in-between ride before big kid bike
- Made with stainless steel and heavy-duty plastic
- Not foldable
8. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter
- Made by a well-loved brand
- Heirloom-level sturdiness
- Designed for toddlers
This isn’t just the best toddler scooter if you’re looking for an affordable model. It’s also a very ideal scooter for first-timers since Radio Flyer designed “My 1st Scooter” literally with toddlers (age 2 to 5 years old) in mind.
Every feature of the Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter aims to promote balance and coordination. From the wide textured deck that is low to the ground, up to the unique steering mechanism that leaves kids with enough control to keep their ride smooth. The handlebar is comfortable, but provides the right space for a child’s grip to maneuver his/her scooter with ease.
- Classic Radio Flyer wheels
- Textured decks for added traction
- Indestructible build
- Available in only red and pink colors
9. Modera Kids Kick Scooter
- Removable seat and basket
- 3-level handlebar height adjustments
- Kids learn to scooter sitting or standing
One look at the Modera kids kick scooter and you’d agree there’s a lot going on with this kid scooter. But look more closely and you’d appreciate that the subtle differences between Modera’s scooter and other toddler scooters with adjustable heights.
First, the removable basket and seat (which you can also just fold to the front to get out of your way) are two cool additions that allow parents and toddlers alike to customize the ride as they please.
Whatever set-up you decide to stick with for the day, your kid will still benefit from the stability of a 3-wheel design, safety of the built-in rear brake, and comfort of the handle bar grips.
- Can carry boys or girls weighing up to 110 pounds
- Light-up wheels when they turn
- Easy to assemble and adjust
- Comes with full-sized scooter stand
- Lean to steer technology
- Bulky front design
10. ICODE 3 Wheel Scooter for Kids
- Flexible for toddler-age to 10-year-old kids
- 4-level adjustable handlebar height
- Durable frame
- Sporty Zebra-stripe design
If your toddlers love everything sporty, this 3-wheel scooter from ICODE can be the best toddler scooter for them. The design is simple, with light-blue heavy duty plastic alternating with heavy-duty aluminum frame and carbon steel alloy, but the features were hand-picked specifically to cater to advanced riders.
For example, the glass fiber deck, see-through PU wheel, T-type handle with comfort grip pads and heavy-duty lift lock, which allows you to adjust the scooter between four heights, are made with such precision that it is impossible not to withstand years of riding. This ICODE 3-wheel scooter was designed to handle bumps and basic tricks.
- Easy to fold for transport and storage
- Works on most surfaces indoors or outdoors
- Big front wheels
- Awesome non-charging magnetic steel that lights up the wheels
- 12 month warranty
- Not really ideal for small kids (5 to 8 would be a more accurate age range)
11. KORIMEFA 3 Wheel Scooter for Toddlers
- Lock/unlock steering feature
- Stable 3-wheeled scooter
- One-press folding mechanism
Many of the rides on our list of best toddler scooter look the same with features that mirror each other, but KORIMEFA’s 3-wheel scooter has one awesome feature not found anywhere else. Look underneath this scooter and you can “lock” the direction, which disables steering completely and makes it safer for beginners. Once you move past newbie stage, you can just unlock as easily and enjoy riding as you please.
Other basic scooter features are present on the KORIMEFA scooter as well, from the high-rebound PU construction to the handlebar height that can be adjusted to four levels in order to accommodate different toddler ages.
- Choose from lean-to-steer and straight-ride
- Easy to assemble and store
- Non-slip, wide deck design
- Can only carry kids below 88 pounds
12. Voyage Sports 3-Wheel Kids Scooter
- Light-up wheels
- Ideal as beginner scooter
- For kids ages 2 to 5
The bright neon pink, blue or green of the Voyage Sports 3-wheeled scooter will brighten up any toddler’s day. It is ideally for toddlers with max weight of 80 pounds and designed to be used by beginners learning how to balance and steer.
Designed with an adjustable T-bar that you can expand to four different heights, this scooter can be used as your kids grow. The near-the-ground, textured deck provides toddlers with enough traction and stability to ride the scooter with control.
Plus points for the light-up LED wheels because whose toddlers don’t like pulasating multi-color lights as they ride their scooters, right?
- Very lightweight
- 3-wheel design for 100% stability
- rear-fender brake
- Durable steel frame
- Kids will quickly outgrow this
13. WeSkate Scooters for Kids
- Wheels light up as it moves
- From toddler up to pre-teens
- Several colors to choose from
This isn’t the best toddler scooter out in the market, but if you’re looking for something that all the kids in your household can use, then WeSkate’s Scooters is definitely a solid option.
It has features designed for beginners, such as the lean-to-steer balancing mechanism where your kids rely on gravity and their instincts to steer the scooter moving their body left and right. This technology, as well as the rear fender brake, allow kids to practice their balance and coordination safely.
And when your toddlers grow taller, the handlebar can be extended to heights ranging from 21 to 27 inches to accommodate them naturally.
- One-button disassemble
- Bright-colored flashing lights on wheels
- “Grow with you” scooter
- Can carry kids up to 110 pounds
- Soft, rubber hand grips
- No stand-out features
14. Luddy Kick Scooter for Kids and Toddler
- Ideal from kids 2 to 6 years old
- Cute duck design and bright colors
- One-button folding and unfolding
There’s no question that the Luddy’s B Duck scooter is for toddlers and young kids. Just look at the adorable bright yellow and orange, (or turquoise and yellow) color combos, you’d think the scooter came straight out of Little Tikes.
You’ll have a lot to like Luddy B Duck scooters aside from its design. The scooters are made from large aluminum reinforced rear-wheel foot brake, PU high-rebound front wheels with abec-7 bearings and lightweight aluminum frame all over for a sturdy construction.
The handlebar, which is equipped with perfect grips, can be adjusted to extend from 20. 8″ To 28. 3″ from the deck, so when your kid grows taller, he/she can still maneuver the scooter with ease.
Probably our favorite feature of the Luddy B Duck scooters is the one-button folding/unfolding, which is super convenient that even kids could pack away their scooters on their own.
- Impressive build
- High-quality materials
- Looks expensive, but actually affordable
- Adjustable T-bar handles
- One-button fold/unfold
- Wheels light up when in motion
- Slow for big kids
15. 6KU Kids Kick Scooter
- Solid, bulky scooter for ages 3 to 8
- Extra wide wheels for improved stability
The 6KU kids kick scooter looks like a muscle car, but if you’re looking for the best toddler scooter that provides the most stability, you’ve found the right one. Unlike other scooters on this list, this scooter was designed with extra-wide wheels and double rear wheels. They also light up when you move, but it makes more impact because of how massive the scooter looks.
Ideally for kids 3 to 8 years old with balance problems, 6KU kids kick scooter lets them ride with their peers and learn the lean-to-steer system without getting into too much accidents.
And for something that looks so big, the 6KU kids kick scooter is actually lightweight and folds with just a push of a button, making it portable and easy to store as well.
- Actually lightweight
- Improved overall stability
- Wide deck for more control
- Use indoors and outdoors
- Light-up front and back wheels
- Bulkier than traditional toddler scooters
16. Razor Jr. Lil' Kick Scooter
- Simple, but classic design
- From trusted Razor brand
- High-quality materials
If you’re going to pick just one brand for your toddler’s scooter, it better be from scooter company Razor. Their “junior” offering looks pretty cute – these scooters come in pink or blue – but if you look closely at their features, you’ll discover they’re designed by the pros.
For example, the frame is made with stainless steel, extra-large wheels with polymer, while its extra-wide deck is constructed with slip-resistant polypropylene.
Safety isn’t compromised for the affordable price. Instead, handlebars are covered with high-quality polymer, while the three wheel design and textured deck provides subtle but improved control for the child using the scooter.
Probably the only downside to Razor’s Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter is that the handlebar height isn’t adjustable, which means your toddler would quickly outgrow his/her ride after a while.
- Three-wheel design for stable cruising
- Extra-strength construction
- Grip handlebars
- Available in only pink and blue colors
- Not adjustable
17. Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter
- Scoot seated or standing up
- Super flexible, accommodates kids 2 to 10 years old
- Lean to steer mechanism
It would be hard to find the best toddler scooter than this Lascoota 2-in-1 kick scooter when it comes to durability. This well-designed, flexible ride used stainless steel and aluminum alloy from the frame to the brakes and everything in between. No wonder this three-wheeled scooter feels indestructible.
The Lascoota 2-in-1 kick scooter comes in several colors. We love the red-and-black version, but all of them have features similar to other scooters on our list, such as the light-up wheels, four-level adjustable handlebar heights to expand as the kid grows and lean-to-steer technology that’s ideal for toddlers who are still learning balance.
What makes this scooter great are the small extras, such as the widened and textured deck for stability and traction, as well as the adjustable and removable seat for kids to use as a ride-along.
- Quick-screw removable seat
- Super-wide deck for better control
- Cool dual set-up design
- Light-up front wheels
- Seat is only for kids 3 years old and below
18. WonderView Kids Scooter
- One-second folding
- Big light-up front wheels
- Comes in several candy colors
The three-wheeled WonderView kids scooter looks and feels sturdy. Underneath those candy-colored paint, the backbone of this scooter is constructed with high-quality materials like premium aluminum T-tube for the handlebar, fiberglass reinforced deck and massive PU wheels.
This scooter grows with the user. Its handlebar extends from 27 to 34 inches, which is how it could easily accommodate kids from 2 to 14 years old.
What strikes us most about this scooter is the rear brakes that are just as massive as the front wheels. It’s impossible for the toddler to miss it, even if he/she is just learning how to balance and steer the scooter.
- Made with stainless steel and fiberglass
- Quick pack-away and storage
- LED lights on front wheels go out quick
19. Swagtron K2 Toddler 3 Wheel Scooter & Ride-On Balance Trike
- Bike or scooter set-up
- Clean three-colored design
- Ideal for kids 2 to 5 years old
If you’re looking for the best toddler scooter for your kid, but isn’t sure if he/she is ready for one, the Swagtron’s K2 3-wheel scooter and ride-on balance trike will make your decision a lot easier. This dual ride is a very cool play in design, but it keeps the essential three wheel design for added stability.
What’s impressive about this trike-scooter combo is how it transforms into the other. With a simple twist and click of the trike seat, everything turns upside down and becomes an actual scooter.
If this is going to be your child’s first scooter, you’d be saving money since it will also serve as his/her first bike.
- Easy to assemble
- Textured deck when on scooter mode
- Meets toy safety & construction standards
- Impressive design
- Only supports kids weighing up to 44 pounds
20. Globber Primo V2 Scooter
- Professionally designed
- Ideal for the advanced rider
- Patented steering mechanism
If you feel that your toddler is looking for something more advanced than his/her toy scooter, go with Globber’s Primo V2 scooter that provides the “grown-up” feel but with enough support for kids younger than 8 years old.
It is made with nylon-reinforced frame, super-low composite deck, high-rebound PU-casted wheels, and rear wheel mounted on ABEC 5 bearings.
Aside from the sleek-looking frame and multiple knobs you don’t find on other toddler scooters, the Globber Primo V2 scooter is designed with a patented steering lock button, which prevents the rider from going left/right when locked, but unlocking the button resumes the steering function. When not in use, the rider goes back to the lean-to-steer mechanism.
- Four levels of T-bar adjustable heights
- Heavy duty materials
- Comfortable TPR handle grips
- Steering lock function
- Wheels don’t do well when they fall
Factors To Consider When Buying the Best Toddler Scooter
Whether your toddler is 2 or 4, he/she is probably still working on balance. This is the reason why most toddler scooters have a third roller similar to how kiddie bikes have trainer wheels.
The presence of a third wheel is one clue that the scooter is made for toddlers. The placement of this third roller varies between models, but most toddler scooters feature two front tires.
Other than this tidbit, you should also note other toddler scooter considerations, such as:
- Wheel size – Toddler scooters with wheels measuring 120mm in diameter or above is ideal because these provide more stability and ride smoother than those with smaller wheels. Smaller wheels are better for stunts and ideal for older kids.
- Weight and capacity – Your toddlers will be riding on the scooter, so they have to be able to move it. If you’ll ride it to the park or anywhere far from your home, you’ll probably be the one hauling it back home too, so better go with a lightweight scooter. However, make sure the scooter’s weight capacity can accommodate your kid’s weight.
- Handlebar height and steering mechanism – If you want to buy a scooter that your kid can use even after toddler years, choose one with an adjustable handlebar height. The handlebar should be just around your child’s waist, regardless of age. Sometimes, the handlebar also serves as the scooter’s steering mechanism, but the ones designed with a “lean and steer” mechanism is more ideal for kids just learning how to scoot, turn and even concepts as simple as left-or-right.
- Scooter deck – A scooter for toddlers require wider, lower and shorter decks, all of which add to a stability that toddlers need.
Portability could be a consideration if your toddler will be using it far from your home. You’d have to choose a foldable scooter – it works the same way as any other scooter, except that parents or any caretaker of the toddler wouldn’t have to carry it bulky all the way home. Also makes the scooter easier to transport in cars and store at home.
Prices of the best toddler scooter brands range somewhere between $20 and $100. As such, price shouldn’t be the only consideration to weigh when shopping for your toddler’s new ride.
Wrap Up: Which is the Best Toddler Scooter for My Kid?
If you’re going to base your decision for picking the best toddler scooter only on price, you’d have a million and one choices below 50 bucks. But if you’re after something that won’t break the bank, but can be enjoyed by your toddlers (and their younger siblings, cousins or friends in the future), Radio Flyer’s My 1st Scooter is not only heirloom-worthy, it also looks spectacular and well-built.
For those who consider value-for-money as a scooter than can transform into other kinds of rides, then choose either the Swagtron K2 Toddler 3 Wheel Scooter & Ride-On Balance Trike (which is ideal for 2 to 5 year-olds) or the BeeBeeRun 5-in-1 Kids Kick Scooter that you can use as a stroller from your children’s baby-years until they could ride it on their own as a scooter.
Of course, the best toddler scooter is the one your kid would keep on riding day or night. Hopefully, you can find the one that would be perfect for your kid from our list of high-quality, feature-packed scooters.