Pure, clean drinking water is essential in every household. Water collected from the tap looks clean, but there are small fragments and microscopic debris that are not visible to the human eye. Many throw caution to the wind and down this water, full of impurities, to quench their thirst, make ice, and use for cooking, among other domestic applications.
Later, the repercussions start showing in the form of health complications whose source you just can’t put your finger on. But do you remember drinking water right from the tap? To avoid serious health issues is to ensure you only consume clean water. How? Enter the water filter.
A water filter is a genius invention that works by sieving out all the dirt and impurities from your water to make it suitable for drinking. Water filters have different designs, uses, and applications. Today the focus is on inline water filters. This type of filter is fitted within the waterline and is great for eliminating sediment, odor, bad taste, and traces of chlorine in your drinking water. It is more effective and economical compared to other types of water filters.
There being hundreds of options out in the market, it can be hard for you to figure out which one suits your needs the best. So to help you out, here are the top 12 best inline water filters and more on what to look for when buying one.
Filtere Advanced Inline Water Filter
The best thing about this water filter is that it is easy to install and doesn’t take much effort to clean and maintain.
This water filter is designed to filter water under the sink, from your kitchen or bathroom faucet. It has a filter capacity of up to 2000 gallons, after which you may need to find a replacement. With this much capacity, you can enjoy clean drinking water for up to six months or more.
Once fitted, you will see no change in how your water flows. It is perfect for reducing chlorine, sediment, microbial cysts, and impurities from your drinking water.
- Effective in reducing chlorine, sediment, microbial cysts, and other impurities
- Has a capacity of up to 2000 gallons
- Easy to install
- Doesn’t slow down or disrupt the normal flow of water from the faucets
- When it’s time to replace, you can use various compatible replacement filters from other brands
- You need the necessary plumbing skills to install this filter successfully
GE SmartWater Filter
Appliances such as refrigerators and ice makers also need water filters. The GE SmartWater Filter boasts incredible versatility that guarantees efficiency and effectiveness in various applications.
The package includes the water filter and all other connections you would need to fit or install it in different appliances.
With this water filter, your water will taste fresh, and there will be no impurities present and no odor. It’s smaller than usual design allows it to fit well without taking too much space. It is light in weight and long-lasting. With a capacity of up to 750 gallons, it will be long before you need to find another water filter as a replacement.
- Easy to install
- Has a conveniently small and functional design
- Has a capacity of up to 750 gallons
- Quite affordable compared to other brands
- Effective at eliminating lousy taste, odor, and impurities in your drinking water
- This water filter capacity may be insufficient for use in an office building or a home with a large family
Pure Inline Water Filter
The Pure inline water filter is a type of filter designed explicitly for your ice maker.
This water filter ascertains that the water used to make ice in your ice machine is pure, clean, and free of impurities. It guarantees excellent functionality, quality service, and durability.
Its pocket-friendly price means that you get value for money. It is easy to install, clean, and takes a few steps to maintain. Despite being made for your ice making machine, it can also fit well behind your fridge, or under the sink.
It does an excellent job of reducing chlorine levels, sediment, and odor from your drinking water and ice.
- Ideal for appliances such as your ice maker and refrigerator
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Comes packaged with the necessary connections and fittings for an easy installation process
- Improves taste, removes odor and chlorine from your water
- Has a capacity of up to 1500 gallons
- Its service in areas such as under the sink or bathroom faucets may be disappointing
Watts Inline Water Filter
An established brand in the world of water filters, the Watts inline water filter guarantees unparalleled quality results.
It is one of the water filters that do a great job irrespective of where you fix it. Be it the kitchen faucet, under the sink, behind the refrigerator, ice maker, and so on, this inline water filter will give you the same results and get the job done.
If you want a water filter that needs nearly no maintenance, you’ll be glad that this water filter doesn’t need much cleaning. It only needs servicing at least once every six months. It measures 10 inches long and can fit in all quarter-inch water pipes.
- Features a 10-inch long standard size that makes it ideal for numerous applications
- Employs a unique water purification system to filter out odor, bad taste, sediment and chlorine from drinking water
- Has a capacity of up to 20,000 gallons
- Needs little maintenance
- Guarantees quality service and durability
- Only a professional can perform inspections on this water filter. A service that might cost you some money
Nahla Pure High Capacity Inline Water Filter
Drinking water has been found to help people regulate their weight and generally stay healthy. But not just any water, clean filtered water.
The Nahla Pure High Capacity Inline Water Filter is a device that can help push you towards achieving your goal of living a healthy, hydrated life.
It helps get rid of harmful contaminants, weird taste, bad smell, and pollutants in your water. All you have to do is install it under your kitchen sink and voila! You have pure, clean, and great tasting water for drinking. It can filter up to 10,000 gallons of water before it needs replacing.
- Has a maximum capacity of up to 10,000 gallons
- Can filter out toxins, contaminants, pollutants and bad smell from your drinking water
- Durable and can offer high-quality service
- Conveniently small and compact size
- Can fit well in different applications around the house where water needs filtering
- You may need help installing this water filter if you don’t know much about plumbing
DuPont Universal Inline Water Filter
Reliability is paramount for someone serious about looking for an inline water filter. The DuPont Universal Inline Water Filter is designed using intricate technology to ensure that it does its job exceedingly well.
It can effortlessly get rid of microorganisms in water, eliminate hardness and enhance the taste of your tap water. With a capacity of a whopping 15,000 gallons, this water filter is perfect for a big home with a huge family or an office building. It features a universal cartridge that makes it compatible with other water filters once this one has finished its term of use.
- Can filter up to 15,000 gallons
- Specially designed to fit in numerous water supply lines around the house
- Ideal for high capacity applications such as a large home with a large family or an office
- Offers reliability and durability
- Works well to improve the taste of water, remove sediment and impurities
- If poorly maintained, this water filter may interrupt the normal flow of water
Camco Inline Water Filter
Most homeowners have had to endure a slow flow of water once they install inline water filters. Good thing that with this water filter, you can enjoy a normal flow of water while taking pure water right from the tap.
The Camco Inline water filter has a large body design that can fit and sieve water from various water supply pipes around the house.
It is great at eliminating odor, bad taste, heavy metals, and sediment. No need for assembly when you purchase this filter. You’ll find the installation process quite easy and quick. This water filter is designed to offer you uninterrupted service for at least three months.
- Ideal for a series of applications both inside and outside the house, eg. RV water tank, gardening hose and kitchen faucet and so on
- Its design incorporates activated carbon filter for enhanced filtering services
- Easy and fast installation process with no assembly needed
- Great at removing heavy metals, odor, bad taste and sediment to make drinking water safe
- Has a wide cartridge that allows smoother, faster flow of water
- Has a limited duration of service and capacity compared to other inline water filters
Culligan Inline Water Filter
Are you that curious type of person who wants to know and see how everything works? Well, the Culligan Inline Water Filter lets you do just that.
Thanks to its clear housing design, which allows you to watch the filtering process. To give you an easier time, this inline water filter comes with an instruction manual to guide you through the installation, cleaning, and maintenance procedures.
With this device, appliances such as your refrigerator, washing machine, ice maker, and water heater will last much longer than their stipulated duration of service. Its ergonomic valve-in-Head is conveniently built to allow fast and easy replacement and compatibility with other cartridges.
It can keep impurities like rust, sand, microbial cysts, and other types of contaminants from passing and getting into your water glass.
- Comes with a clear, easy to follow instruction manual for installation and maintenance
- Has a transparent housing system that lets you watch and monitor the filtering process
- Enhances the functionality and life of all major appliances that use it
- Has a convenient valve-in-head feature that makes the replacement process easy and less messy
- Is compatible with many other filter cartridges
- May be great to fit in multiple appliances, but this is not the case when it comes to different sized faucets
OmniPure Inline Water Filter
It’s hard to find an inline water filter that can work just as efficiently when fitted together with other water purification systems. If you are quite cautious about the water supplied through your pipes, you can never be too careful.
You need two or more water purifying systems to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re drinking safe water.
This OmniPure Inline Water Filter features a unique design that makes it compatible with other systems. It is easy to install and replace and works well on a variety of faucets and appliances. With this water filter, you can expect sweet tasting water that is free of odor, chlorine, and other impurities.
- Has a capacity of 1,500 gallons
- Can fit well in small water supply lines
- Easy to install and maintain
- Works well with other water purification systems
- Excellent at eliminating impurities from your drinking water
- Not the best choice for someone looking for a high capacity inline water filter
Woder High Capacity Inline Filter
Looking for a commercial grade inline water filter? If yes, then the Woder High Capacity Inline Filter is your best bet. It employs intricate technology to filter and remove up to 99.9 per cent of impurities from your tap water.
While it leaves no room for contaminants to pass, this water filter is designed to ensure that essential minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium remain present.
This water filter has a capacity of up to 10,000 gallons, which can serve you for up to three years before you need to replace it. It has an easy, tool-free installation that makes it easy even for a first-timer to fit. In fact, the whole installation process only takes five to fifteen minutes.
- Has a capacity of up to 10,000 gallons
- Can filter our up to 99.9% of impurities
- Has a unique filtration system that keeps all the impurities out and all the minerals in
- Has an easy, tool-free installation process
- Ideal for a wide array of applications
- May only be limited to commercial users
Waterdrop Advanced Inline Water Filter
Now, you can finally bid good riddance to frequent health issues caused by drinking dirty water. And you have this Waterdrop Advanced Inline Water Filter to thank for your new-found peace of mind.
It is a reliable device that you’re sure won’t break down on you or malfunction.
Given that you maintain and clean it properly as directed in the instructions, you will enjoy months of clean, fresh-tasting, odor-free, and sediment-free water. It fits perfectly in most faucets and supply pipes with no incidences of leaks.
- Excellent filtration thanks to the use of activated carbon filter
- Does not leak
- Easy, tool-free installation and maintenance
- Fits well on a variety of water supply pipes and appliances
- Has a capacity of up to 2,000 gallons
- May need frequent replacement if used for commercial purposes
LASCO Inline Water Filter
Dirty water does not have to look dark. There exist colorless microscopic impurities that roam freely in your tap water. Stay on the safe side by making this LASCO Inline Water Filter part of your life.
It fits well in any ice-making machine and tops all other inline water filters you can find out there. It has a capacity of 2,500 gallons and has a maximum service life of six months.
When it comes to performance, this water filter is unparalleled. It can remove any trace of funny taste, bad smell in drinking water. It can also eliminate dust, silt, heavy metals, and other types of impurities from your tap water.
- Best for use in ice-making machines
- Has a capacity of 2,500 gallons
- Does a great job of filtering out microscopic particles, dust, and silt for clean, fresh drinking water
- Has a long service duration of up to six months
- Has an easy installation and replacement process
- May be limited to being used on ice-making machines and other such appliances
Best Inline Water Filters Buying Guide
The key to finding that product you are looking for is by knowing what qualities are the most important to you. So without further ado, here are some of the important attributes or factors to consider when shopping for an inline water filter.
Quality of Service and Effectivity
Some filters are designed to filter out solid and visible impurities like sand, rust, and sand. But remember that there exist invisible microscopic contaminants.
A good water filter should be able to sieve out all types of impurities. Look out for the percentage. You may find a product that can remove up to 99.9% of pollutants and another that claims to remove up to 40 different types of impurities. Choose the one that appears to have the highest quality of service and efficiency.
Filtration Rate Per Day
Almost all inline water filters look the same, but they do not all work the same. The difference comes in when you factor aspects such as daily filtration rate. To find out which water filter to buy, you must first ask yourself what you want to use the filter for.
If, for example, you are looking for a filter to use for commercial purposes, then you would need an inline water filter with a higher daily filtration rate. If you want a water filter for domestic uses in a house where there are only a few occupants, then a filter with a lower filtration rate may suffice.
Service Duration and Cost
Inline water filters need to be replaced after their set period of use lapses. It is crucial that you find out, at the point of purchase, how long the water filter will serve you, and how much replacement costs. This way, you get to do the math and figure out if you get value for money.
It is always a good idea to find a filter that serves you for the longest time without having to dig a hole through your pocket.
The work of an inline water filter is to filter your water and make it safe for drinking. However, wouldn’t you want to get more out of it? What if you found one water filter that vows to remove all traces of pollutants from your water and another filter that can do the same but can also maintain PH, eliminate odor, and bad taste?
You would pick the second water filter because it gives you more value.
Installation and Maintenance Process
It may look straightforward and uncomplicated, but you may soon find out that it takes a lot of skills to install an inline water filter. If you’re good at handling DIY projects around the house, then you may have a shot at getting the filter fitted in. However, if you lack basic plumbing skills, you may need help from a professional.
Most water filter systems are easy to install and maintain. But to be sure it is prudent that, before purchase, you find out what it takes to get the job done. This helps you prepare and arrange for help with the process if need be.
Remember to factor in the added costs that may come with having to ask someone to help you install the filter plus having to call him or her back every few months to maintain it or replace it.
What is the NSF certification?
NSF International is a non-profit organization that works to make sure people like you have access to safe drinking water. Part of their job entails testing water filtration products and systems to see whether or not they meet the set standards. They are a trusted authority in matters of water sanitation.
When you see a water filter that has earned the NSF certification, it means that it has been approved and has met all the required standards needed to guarantee you safe drinking water.
What is an inline water filtering system?
This is a filtration system that works by filtering tap water to make it safe for drinking. They help make your water clean, fresh, impurity-free, and odorless by using various methods such as counter filtration. They are installed or attached directly to the water supply pipe under the sink, on the bathroom faucet, behind the fridge, and so on.
When is the right time to replace my water filter?
Each water filter can only filter a certain amount of water before they can no longer do it effectively any longer. By knowing your filter capacity, you know how long the water filter will serve you before you need to replace it.
A simple trick many people use is to check for tell-tale signs of inn effectivity. You may notice that your water has changed in taste or smell or doesn’t look as clean as it did a few days before. These are all good signs that you need a new water filter installed as soon as possible.
Can I fix and replace the inline water filter and cartridge without help?
Most water filtering system installation procedures are pretty straight forward. Most water filters even come with an instruction manual that shows you how to install, clean, maintain, and replace the filtering system. If you follow the right steps, then yes, you can manage to do it all on your own.
However, if you’re not sure of what you’re doing, it is better to find an experienced person or a professional to help install or replace the filter for you.
Note that commercial water filters have a more sophisticated design than ordinary filters. They may, therefore, require a technician or a plumber to install and maintain.
Is it necessary to flush the cartridge right after installation?
When the filter system is waiting on the shelves, it may accumulate dust and other particles. When you don’t flush the cartridge, you may drink these impurities, which may later cause health problems.
It is always wise to flush a new cartridge and let the water run for a couple of minutes just to be sure that all the impurities are out and that you can start on a clean slate.
Which is the best inline water filter?
The best inline water filter for one person may be inadequate for another. Find a water filter that has all the qualities you’re looking for. One that suits your needs and applications going by the buying guide above. Here you will find a list of twelve high-quality water filters to help you arrive at a valid your choice faster.
No doubt, there are proven benefits that come with using inline water filters. If you knew little to nothing about inline water filters, now you must have adequate knowledge of what they are. The water flowing out of your taps may look clean, but you are better off using a water filter to remove all the impurities.
It makes the water safe and healthier for you and the rest of our household. In this comprehensive read, you have a wide selection of affordable, top-quality inline water filters. Depending on the needs you want to satisfy, there’s at least one or two inline water filters that fit the bill.