If you’re in search of the best curling iron for fine hair, you’re not alone.
Bad hair days happen whether you have curly, straight, wavy, super-fine, kinky or any kind of hair.
Fortunately, tools have been invented to handle every specific hair type there is known to man.
You want your wavy hair to get straight and sleek? Use a flat iron or hair straightener.
Need a 40s glam curls for a special occasion? There’s the spiral curling iron for that.
So if you have fine hair and you’re interested in owning a tool designed to give you perfectly made curls any time you want, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve asked hundreds of fine-haired respondents to share their favorite hair tool and we’ve come up with this list of 12 best curling iron for fine hair.
12 Best Curling Iron for Fine Hair in the Market this 2019
1. KIPOZI 1 Inch Curling Iron Hair Curler
- Ceramic coating technology
- Ideal for all hair types
- Comes with heat-resistant gloves
This barrel-type curling iron from KIPOZI runs on an MCH heater, which can heat up to 450 °F in just 30 seconds. But unlike other standard hair curlers, the KIPOZI brand lets users choose the appropriate heat setting to match their hair types. So if you have thin fine hair, you can easily make curls with temperatures ranging from -239°F to 180°F.
Design-wise, this hair curler is made with tourmaline ceramic (this lets your hair glide over the curl clip effortlessly). It is also designed with a 9-feet-long power cord that swivels 360 degrees for easier maneuver.
Because this thing can really get hot quick, the KIPOZI curling iron is equipped with many safety features, including the anti-scald insulated wand tip, safety stand, LCD display (with a timer and temperature), and power button where you can increase or decrease temperature with a press of a button. And when you use this and reach 60 minutes continuous use, it will shut down automatically.
- Gets hot quick and easy
- Ceramic coating means no ouchy pulls
- Built well with several safety features
- Works with fine hair and other hair types
- dual voltage compatibility (110v/220v)
- Not suitable for short hair
2. BESTOPE 5-in-1 Ceramic Curling Iron Wand Set
- Comes with 5 Interchangeable Ceramic Barrels
- Heat Resistant Glove included
- Salon-grade curling iron
With BESTOPE’s ceramic curling iron wand set, you’re basically getting 5 products at the price of one. With this set, you have five interchangeable barrels measuring 0.75-inch to 1.25-inch and each one produces a different kind of curl, from loose waves to tousled curls, and springy spirals.
It is suitable for any kind of hair type, so if you’ve been trying to get some volume for your fine hair, playing with this curling iron could be your solution regardless if you have very short or very long mane.
BESTOPE’s curling iron wand is made with a non-skid, heat-resistant rubber handle and ceramic tourmaline coating that makes the curler glide onto any kind of hair and in turn, preventing painful snags common in hair heating tools like this. It is equipped with PTC heat technology, which is responsible for heating up the curler up to 410°F in just 60 seconds. This curling iron does have an auto-shutdown feature if you continuously use it for 60 minutes.
- 60-minute automatic shutdown
- Even heat distribution thanks to its ceramic tourmaline coating
- Quick installation and changing between barrels
- Heat-resistant glove prevents burns
- There’s a learning curve locking/unlocking the barrels in place
3. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron
- Available in 3/4-inch up to 1 1/2-inch barrels
- Uses Nano technology
- Super-safe tourmaline Ceramic
CONAIR is a pretty popular brand, so it’s not at all surprising why their INFINITIPRO ceramic curling iron is as famous as it is. We’ve included this brand in our best curling iron for fine hair list not just for its popularity, but because for something so affordable, the features and security it provides its users are hands-down unbeatable.
There are several versions of the INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR and each of the hair curler produces a specific kind of curl. For example, the 1-inch barrel is designed for making medium bouncy curls.
Whichever barrel size you choose, the INIFINITI PRO is equipped with 5 LED temp settings (to accommodate different hair types), protective heat shield and the ability to heat up to 400°F within 30 seconds.
- Evenly-distributed heat
- Quit heat-up and auto-off
- 6-foot long power swivel cord
- Comes with 2 removable silicone cool tips
- Not dual voltage
4. Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand
- 1 to 1.5-inch Professional Hair Wand
- Dual Voltage means it’s perfect for travel
- Curls Long & short hair of all types
The all-black Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand is a beautiful tool. Designed with a black ionic ceramic barrel, measuring an inch to 1.5-inch, this tool has a perfectly-shaped, curved wand to glide better on your hair.
This curling iron can be powered anywhere, thanks to its dual voltage of 110 to 240V AC. This means that the Xtava wand will automatically adjust to the proper voltage when used with a compatible adapter, so traveling around the world with it is doable.
The coolest part of the Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand is the LCD display and buttons underneath, where you can control temperatures between 200 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit. There are 22 pre-set heat temperatures to choose from and if you forget to turn it off after 60 minutes of continuous use, it will shut down automatically.
- Comes with heat-resistant gloves and travel case
- 2-year warranty and money-back guarantee
- 8-foot 360 degree swivel cord for tangle-free hair curling
- Max heat can burn hair quickly
5. Sylkvia Tangle-Free Curling Iron Brush and Volumizer
- Tourmaline ceramic barrel
- Tangle-free curling thanks to built-in brush
- 5 temperature settings suitable for all hair types
We included this Sylkvia iron brush, volumizer and curling iron in our list of best curling iron for fine hair mainly because the brush, hair dryer and curler combination speaks to many souls. It’s a convenient hybrid that anyone can quickly fall in love with.
The Sylkvia Tangle-Free Curling Iron Brush and Volumizer features a 1.5-inch barrel that creates large curls. It is made with tourmaline ceramic, which keeps hair shiny and locked with moisture even when put in direct contact with heat. This tool has a built-in comb that retracts with just one push of a lever.
There are five temperature settings from 300 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit, which is set specifically to accommodate certain hair types. The thicker your hair, the higher temperature it needs. For fine hair, you can produce smaller or tighter curls with lower temperature by wrapping smaller strands around the barrel.
With the Sylkvia Tangle-Free Curling Iron Brush and Volumizer, you can pack away other hair tools and keep your vanity table minimal.
- Creates beach waves even for thick hair
- Heats fast (about 10 to 15 seconds)
- Versatile tool works as a hair dryer, straightening brush, curler and volumizer
- Auto shut-off and cool tips for safe use
- Not compatible to 240 volts
6. Automatic Hair Curler Spin Curling Wand
- Ultra-fast dual PTC heater
- Curls hair automatically with 360-degree roller
- Made with ceramic negative ionic
This dainty professional hair curling iron didn’t come from a famous brand, but because of its unique auto-rotating function, we’ve included it in our list of best curling iron for fine hair. Note that this automatic hair curler also works with thick hair, wavy hair or other hair types. It is designed to give users a quick and no-fuss way of creating all kinds of curls from tight to loose, beach waves to natural waves, large curls, or other desired curls.
Equipped with dual PTC heater core, this curling wand heats up pretty quickly – about 60 seconds up to 400ºF max to be exact. It is designed with a 5.5-inch wand to accommodate long hair and 3X Ionized Ceramic Tourmaline coating that help in reducing frizz via the release of negative ions.
The highlight of this curling wand is how the 360° automatic roller can easily be operated with just a click of the inner/outer button. You just take a few strands of your hair, bring it onto the wand and just press the rotate button. You can even operate the tool by one hand, since it curls your hair for you.
- Ergonomic design
- No-fuss, 10-minute hair curling
- 3X Ionized Diamond Ceramic Tourmaline coating
- Two-year warranty
- There’s a learning curve on how to use it
7. Hoson 3/4 Inch Professional Curling Iron
- Pretty champagne-colored curler with ergonomic design
- Anti-hair damage ceramic tourmaline coating
- Suitable for fine hair to thick hair
Hoson’s professional curling irons are available in different sizes (with 3/4-inch, 1-inch and 1 1/4-inch barrels). All variations were designed and work the same way, except they create differently-sized curls.
These hair curlers operate with tourmaline ceramic tech, which consists of three layers from ceramic to antitrust and to thermal that are all working to reduce frizz, lock in moisture, and eliminate static while producing curls as soft and shiny as possible. Inside, it runs with dual PTC heater, which heats up to 225°F in only 60 seconds.
Hoson designed this curling iron like a total pro. Aside from the technology behind this tool, you can also feel the dedication that came with designing it. From the 78-inch heavy duty 360-degree swivel power cord that lets you twirl around while doing your hair, to the user-friendly LCD display and power buttons where you can choose precise temperature settings from 225°F to 450°F (there are 9 pre-sent available).
Of course, the heat of your hair curler depends on your hair type – fine hair needs less heat, while thick hair needs higher heat.
There are safety features in place as well, including the anti-skid handle, anti-scalding tip, heat insulation bracket and the included heat-resistant gloves.
- Works on dry and wet hair
- 110-220v Universal Dual Voltage
- 3 years warranty on certain parts
- Long unit (not as portable as other brands)
8. Abody 1-Inch Hair Curling Wand
- Quick start-up and easy to use
- Suitable for any kind of hair type, short or long
- Adjustable temperatures
You’d be surprised that some of the best curling iron for fine hair on our list didn’t come from decades-old brands like Conair. Take this Abody 1-inch hair curling wand, for example. It’s made with tourmaline ceramic coating, which is known to be effective heat conductors and a surface that lets hair glide easier for no-frizz, no-snagging, and no-pulling operation.
This 1-inch curling iron is designed with an LCD display, and three dainty pink buttons for on/off power and temperature controls so you can adjust the heat level from 140°F to 430°F based on your hair type as you go.
1-inch barrel designs are perfect for beach waves, whether you have fine hair or not. It can accommodate short, medium-length or long hair.
Although this curling iron easily heats up (about 30 seconds), it is built with the standard safety features, such as the insulated tip to avoid scalding, and safety stand for cooling down the curling wand after use. Plus it automatically shuts down after 60 minutes of use.
- Dual voltage compatibility (110 – 240V AC)
- Comes with hair clip and heat-resistant gloves
- Super-quick heat up
- Adjustable temp for all hair types
- Can be changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius (press + and – simultaneously)
- 18-month warranty
- There’s a learning curve for color-treated hair
9. Xtava 5-in-1 Professional Curling Iron and Wand Set
- Get five barrels in 1 kit
- Tourmaline ceramic technology
- Dual voltage and several safety functions
If you’re after the best curling iron for fine hair, thick hair, and everything in between, this Xtava wand set is an amazing starter pack for someone (or even a household full of girls) who want to experiment on various curling styles. Just unlock the current barrel, and then switch to another barrel before locking.
The interchangeable ceramic barrels come in sizes 0.3-inch to 1.25-inch, with some designed with a clamp, while others as tapered clipless barrels.
The Xtava 5-in-1 Professional Curling Iron wands run with 9 precise temperature settings that range between 250ºF and 410ºF degrees. You can choose from these heat settings via the easy-to-read digital LCD screen and the control button.
The upside to having no cool tip is that there’s an inch or two of extended space to heat up. However, no cool tip also means it could cause burns if you’re not careful.
- 2-year warranty
- Five barrels included
- Automatic shut off after 60 minutes
- Quick heating
- 8-foot 360 degree swivel cord
- No cool tip
10. SwanMyst Curling Iron Brush
- Curls, combs and straightens hair
- 3x Ceramic Ionic tech
- Portable and travel-friendly with its dual voltage feature
For those looking for an all around hairstyling tool whether you have fine or thick hair, the SwanMyst can do wonders for your hairstyling game. This tool can be used as a normal comb, straightening brush or curling iron. And since the comb teeth are actually anti-scald nylon bristles with a giant cool tip, you’ll never get burnt using this “brush.”
Heating up the SwanMyst Curling Iron brush only takes 30 seconds. When ready, you can choose from 3 pre-set temperature (based on your hair type) – 430ºF for dense or thick hair, 380ºF for medium-volume hair, or 320ºF for thin or fine hair. By pressing the power button, you can lock your chosen setting while in use and then double-press the same button to unlock.
- Tourmaline ceramic ionic coating allows
- Auto shut off after 40 minutes on
- Dual PTC heaters heats up quickly
- On the heavy side (which can be a problem if you’re going to use it for a long time)
11. MaikcQ 1¼ Rotating Curling Iron
- Creates beautiful corkscrew curls
- Uniquely-designed, super Tourmaline Ceramic Barrel
- Ideal for any hair type, short to long
We’ve included the MaikcQ rotating curling iron in our list of best curling iron for fine hair because it provides nothing like the rest of the products featured. That’s because this tool produces the prettiest corkscrew curls you can ever create, even if you have fine hair or naturally curly hair.
The MaikcQ rotating curling iron is designed with super-slim 9mm ceramic barrel, but with a 2.7-meter power cord that you can swivel 360 degrees. It heats up very quickly (about 30 seconds to be exact), but you can control temperature from 176°F low to 450°F high with just a knob.
This curling iron has a couple of safety features, from the tip insulation head to the safety stand, and the 60-minute auto shutdown, the chances of hurting your hair or skin is definitely reduced.
- knob temperature control
- made with tourmaline ceramic coating
- Creates corkscrew curls within minutes
- Can be used for dry and wet hair
- Dual voltage (110 to 240 volts)
- Only 1 year warranty
12. KIPOZI Chopstick Curling Iron
- Makes perfect ringlets
- Compact and unique design
- Ceramic Coating Barrel
The KIPOZI Chopstick curling iron has a similar design to MaikcQ, which means it could create stunning tight curls and natural-looking ringlets. The main difference is that this iron is smaller and more portable.
KIPOZI’s Chopstick is designed with ceramic coating barrel, which helps in making the iron glide smoother as you curl your strands of hair and prevents heat damage to your hair. There’s an LCD display (we love the green light against the black handle and pink dainty buttons), but this is where you’ll see the temperature.
Heat can be controlled from 260°F to 420°F, but if you leave it on for 60 minutes, the wand shuts off automatically as a security measure. It has a sound whenever you press the on/off button, change temperature or lock the setting.
The KIPOZI Chopstick curling iron works on a 100-volt or 240-volt plug, so you can use it if you move around the world even without a converter.
- Ideal for hair that doesn’t curl well
- Can be used for either 110 volts or 240 volts
- Comes with heat-resistant gloves
- Lock/unlock button needs practice
Factors To Consider When Buying the Best Curling Iron for Fine Hair
When picking the best curling iron for fine hair (or whatever type of hair you have), you’d need to consider these important things:
- Your Hair Profile – The thickness, length, or texture of your hair will be a huge consideration when it comes to shopping for a curling iron. People with fine hair don’t need a lot of heat to curl their hair, so they generally have more choices than those with thick hair. Some curling wands also don’t accommodate short hair, so make sure to take note of this.
- Curl Style and Barrel Size – The barrel size directly affects the type of curl it creates. For example, a 0.3-inch to 0.75-inch barrel creates small, tight curls, while those over 1-inch create beachy waves. Are you planning to experiment on different curls, or just want a specific type of curl?
- Controllable Temperature – This feature is also related to your hair profile. Most curling wands have pre-set temperature settings (and a guide that tells you which temperature fits a particular hair profile). Look for temperature guide of a curling wand and see if the minimum or maximum temperature is hot enough for your hair, and if you can adjust the temperature as you see fit.
- Budget – Curling irons do not really break the bank with the most expensive ones priced at $50, but funds can be a huge factor particularly if you’re just a student, or you’ve bought several dud curling irons in the past. Note that price tag doesn’t guarantee quality, so don’t use amount as your only consideration.
These curling irons may all look alike to the untrained eye, but there are also different types of electric curlers. A “curling iron with clip” is probably the type you know, but it is slightly different to the salon-use “marcel wand,” “bubble wand” for beach waves, “double-barrel iron” that makes ripple waves for long hair, “spiral iron” for retro Old Hollywood waves, and “clipless wand.”
Wrap Up: Which is the Best Curling Iron for Fine Hair Like Mine?
If you’re really on a tight budget, you won’t regret going with a known brand – the INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron, which provides the same level of curling as other brands on this list, but at a much affordable price.
If you’re a budding hairstylist or someone who wants to experiment with his/her hair, the BESTOPE 5-in-1 Ceramic Curling Iron Wand Set will let you play with 5 different-sized barrels that create various types of curls. This kit is also dual voltage compatible, so you can bring them even if you travel at the other side of the world.
For those new to the world of hairstyling, the Sylkvia Tangle-Free Curling Iron Brush and Volumizer works not only as a curling wand, but also as a heated brush, hair straightener, volumizer and hair dryer. It’s also perfect for those who are downsizing their vanity tables, since you’ll be keeping just one tool for both hair straightening and curling.
Like we’ve stated earlier, people with fine hair are the luckiest ones since their hairs don’t require a ton of heat to curl. While you’ll surely love our top 3 recommendations, the best curling iron for fine hair will still depend on personal preferences, so we hope these curling iron reviews give you an idea of what you’re looking for.