The best microfiber mop can be found in Europe, under major brands like Norwex in Norway or E-Cloth in the UK, which originated the entire microfiber industry. But the U.S. is now catching up and adapting to the use of microfibers as more and more people discover the benefits of such an unassuming cloth.
Microfiber is made of 50% polyester and 50% nylon fiber squished together through a pipe and heated to split the weaved fiber into microfibers 10 to 20 times smaller. There are 5 specific things microfiber cloth can do that other cleaning fabrics cannot:
- Absorb dirt and trap moisture. When the microfiber cloth is being processed, it ends up with a net-like surface. The polyamide (this came from the nylon) actually has static electric charge, which attracts dirt while you clean.
- Generally deep-cleans more effectively. Each microfiber cloth contains hundreds of thousands of fibers, all of which are working to absorb water, attract dirt, and pick up about 98% of bacteria from every surface cleaned.
- Kills more germs than other cleaning fabrics. When compared to cotton mops, some of the best microfiber mops are able to attract 30% more bacteria. In fact, the University of California’s Davis Medical Center switched to microfiber mops because they prevent the spread of germs and possible infections among patients and hospital employees.
- Eco-friendly. Microfiber mops use less water. In 2002, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency published its study that showed that hospital staff used only 5 gallons of water for mopping 100 rooms using microfiber mops, compared to 105 gallons of water mopping 100 rooms using regular cotton mops.
- Saves time and money. You can use microfiber with just little (or zero) cleaning chemicals, so a household or companies can immediately save money. It uses less water, so water consumption (and water bill) goes down with it. And since microfiber dries up about 1/3 of the time than traditional cleaning cloths, people can save precious time as well. Lastly, you can re-use microfiber mops or cloths hundreds of times, which means you won’t have to replace all the time.
- Can be used in various surfaces. Because microfiber mops and towels work for absorbing, polishing, scrubbing, dry-dusting, and disinfecting, it can be used for a variety of surfaces, such as cars, kitchen countertops, floors, mirrors, and so on.
Now that you know how versatile, cost-saving and effective microfiber cleaning products are, check out the best mops on the market today…
O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop
CQT Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit
12 Best Microfiber Mop in 2019
1. O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop
- Dual sided and flips 180 degrees
- Built-in spray bottle with one-touch release
- Used wet or dry
The O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop looks like any other mop with a flat pad surface, but it’s actually powered by thousands of microfibers that help absorb even the tiniest dust and dirt.
This microfiber mop is also equipped with a built-in 750 ml bottle, which you can fill with any cleaning solution your heart desires, and removes the need to tug along a bucket while mopping the floor. The solution is controlled from the grip handle and trigger; there’s no battery-powered remote control needed.
O-Cedar’s ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop can also be used for dry cleaning, which works well for sweeping small or hard-to-reach spaces.
I give this mop plus points for designing the all-metal pole with a small rubber piece on the top handle. You can lean the mop up against a wall without it falling over. Such attention to detail is very much appreciated.
- Very comfortable handle
- Refillable built-in bottle for your solution
- Machine-washable mop pad can be used for up to 6 months
- Leak-proof “o-ring” inside the bottle
- Sprays out of place when you angle the mop in certain positions
2. LINKYO Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
- Comes with 3 mop “heads”
- Extendable handle allows for different height of users
- 360-degree rotating mop
It’s bright and fun, but the LINKYO microfiber hardwood floor mop means business. It was designed with stainless steel handle, aluminum mop frame and everything else with high-grade ABS plastic. The microfiber is made with woven coral velvet, which is perfect for dusting, mopping and overall cleaning of hardwood floors.
When using, the LINKYO floor mop can rotate 360 degrees, allowing you to use both sides of the pad effortlessly. You can also feel the hard “fingers” at the bottom that gives your mop extra force for scrubbing, instead of just a flat pad.
What’s interesting is that it can also accommodate generic mop pads, so you can use any other cloth or pad replacements after the initial 3 mop pads (one microfiber and two reversible microfiber pads) get worn out.
- Handle can extend up to 70″
- Mop head swivels in every direction possible
- Sturdy construction
- Incomplete instruction guide
3. Microfiber Wholesale 24" Professional Microfiber Mop
- Very durable construction; lasts a long time
- Wide design cleans a bigger space at a time
- Machine-washable, long-lasting microfiber
Microfiber Wholesale’s mops may look like generic microfiber mops, but these well-designed mops will prove you wrong quickly. They’re made with stainless steel handle that you can adjust for comfort grip and aluminum mop frame that’s super strong. Each kit comes with two 24-inch wide mop pads – one for wet mopping, and another for dust mopping.
Since the mop pads are made with microfiber, you can clean any kind of flooring (tiles, hardwood, laminate, stone, etc.) even without chemicals or water. This version has 24 inches wide pads, which is stuck to the frame with a trio of Velcro strips. Microfiber Wholesale also has 18-inch and 36-inch versions, if you want other sizes.
- Handle can be adjusted from 4 to 6 feet
- Includes two types of mop pads (for wet and dry cleaning)
- Pads can be washed and reused hundreds of times
- Needs a bucket or water spray when mopping with the wet pad
4. YOUSHANGJIA 24" Microfiber Heavy Duty Floor Mop
- Includes four mop “heads” in 1 set
- Available in 18-inch and 24-inch wide mop
- 360-degree rotation mop to reach nooks and crannies
YOUSHANGJIA’s microfiber floor mops are heavy duty, time-saving cleaning wonders that takes care of any kind of flooring whether it’s as sensitive as hardwood, or as tough as concrete. They’re very efficient, especially since the mop heads are made with microfibers that scoops dirt effortlessly.
What many appreciate about the YOUSHANGJIA 24″ microfiber floor mop is that even if the mop pads are wider than standard mops, they are still easy to attach. You just have to drop the pad on the floor and place it in front of the Velcro, then snap it to the fastener without the need to slouch down the floor. There are also small features, such as the scraper attachment to help remove tough dirt, or the tiny hook on the handle, which makes it easy to store on any wall.
- Hook-and-loop fastener for quick pad assembly
- 4 mop pads included
- Tiny hook attached at the end of the handle to hang on the wall
- Affordable, but durable
- Lightweight and heavy duty
- Unknown brand
5. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit
- Customizable cleaning solution to fit 22-ounce built-in bottle
- High quality microfiber-made pads
- Safe for all kinds of flooring
“Reveal” spray mop flooring kit comes from decades-old company Rubbermaid, so expect a product durable enough to withstand your day-to-day grunt work all around the house.
The mop itself works with microfiber cleaning pads, which attracts more dirt and dust than ordinary cotton mops and can be machine-washed over 100 times.
Rubbermaid also equipped the Reveal mop with a non-scratch scrubber, so you can attack stubborn dirty areas without stressing your back. It’s designed well – the trigger handle can attest to this. It was built into the mop so you could control the amount of cleaning solution you’d want to push down the microfiber pads.
The refillable bottle, which can handle up to 22 ounces, will work with any kind of cleaning solution your heart desires (except probably with sticky soap or other chemicals).
- Tons of useful customizations
- Reusable microfiber mop pads
- Refillable solution bottle built into the handle
- Highly durable
- Not ideal for small rooms because of its wide footprint
6. CXhome Microfiber Floor Mop
- Rotates 360 degrees
- Thick, reusable mop pads
- Leak-proof wet mopping feature
CXhome’s microfiber floor mop was designed to be used in any kind of floor, from tiles to hardwood and everything in between. You can use it for dust, dry mopping, or wet mopping thanks to the built-in spray function. And since the mop heads can turn 360 degrees, you’ll be able to reach high up the ceiling or hard-to-reach corners of your living room with ease.
Each kit includes 2 mop pads and one refillable bottle, which you could fill up to 500ml of your favorite cleaning product.
You can reuse the microfiber mops as much as you can, or until the fibers no longer trap dust, hair, and dirt as effectively as they were brand new.
- Super-useful, multi-function scraper
- Comes with 2 microfiber mop pads
- 360-degree mop
- 500-ml refillable bottle for wet mopping
- Not for tall people, it doesn’t extend
7. SnapMop Microfiber Mop System
- Wet or dry mopping
- User-friendly mopping, just “snap and mop”
- Can clean large windows effectively
The “Snapmop” is another microfiber mop system from Microfiber Wholesale. It looks like any traditional mop, but like the company’s other advanced mops, there is more to this model than meets the eye. The Snapmop offers more than just sweeping and mopping.
The Microfiber Wholesale’s SnapMop is lightweight and cleans efficiently thanks to its microfiber pads, which users can just leave on the floor and snap in place. The handles can be adjusted, plus the pads are able to swivel 360 degrees, giving you plenty of space to reach any corner of your house.
- Comfortable grip
- Simple and effective
- Easily attaches mop pad with Velcro straps
- Machine-washable pads
- Need spray bottle or mop bucket for wet mopping
8. Real Clean 36 inch Commercial Microfiber Mop Kit
- Comes with a ton of freebies
- Reusable, machine-washable Microfiber mop pads
- industrial, heavy duty construction
The Real Clean Commercial microfiber mop kit comes with several items, including two 36-inch wide wet mop pads, one fringed microfiber mop pad for dry sweeping, and the adjustable mop frame (made of heavy duty aluminum). You also get to keep two microfiber towels, which you can’t use as part of your mop, but can still be super-useful for cleaning.
This mop uses microfiber, so you can expect it to collect a ton of dirt and germs in every type of flooring, but works extra special with hardwood. The mop pads embrace the frame from top to bottom, making it an easy task to squish the maps with water while wet-mopping. It’s also easy on the back, since the handle could extend up to 70 inches.
- Wide mop pads quickly picks up dirt in any given space
- Telescopic aluminum handle lets you adjust the handle to fit you perfectly
- Choose between 18 or 36 inch
- Massive footprint won’t fit small room
9. Tyroler Bright Tools Microfiber Mop
- Mop head swivels 360 degrees
- Reusable, machine-washable mop heads
- Mop head is made with flexible, unbreakable silicone
The coolest thing about Tyroler’s Bright Tools Microfiber Mop is that unlike other mops of this list, the mop frame is made entirely of silicone. Interestingly, that single change affects how well you mop your floors (either wet or dry) because it prevents scratching furniture feet, or damaging hardwood floors when you decide to dig deep on tough spots.
This Tyroler Bright Tools Microfiber Mop is able to swivel 360 degrees, so nothing is too hard to reach. When attaching the mop heads, you’ll discover that the Velco strips at the bottom of the mop frame snaps the pads effortlessly – you don’t even need to slouch down to do it. Plus, the handle is 55 inches long, assembled with 4 separate parts, making it friendlier to use.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- 360-degree swivel head
- Can be machine-washed up to 300 times
- Only comes with 18-inch, no other sizes available
10. CQT Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- Includes a handy dirt remover
- Easy on the back with long handles and snap-to-attach mop heads
- Swivels 360 degrees
The CQT Microfiber mop may look very simple, but the small details make this a worthy contender as best microfiber mop.
First, it comes with four washable mop pads – that’s the most we’ve seen in all the mops we’ve checked out. Two can be used for wet mopping, while two is for dry or dust sweeping.
The mop is built well, from its 57-inch stainless steel handle, to the high-grade ABS plastic all over the frame. The entire mop head can swivel 360 degrees and fit even in very small spaces, but it’s also wide enough to bring down your cleaning time.
The dirt scrubber, which is attached to the handle, can help in scraping off stubborn dirt from the floor, or brush off hair, dust or other particles from your microfiber pads.
- Super absorbent microfiber mop pads
- Handles laminate, hardwood, tiles and all kinds of flooring seamlessly
- User-friendly features like dirt scrubber and protective pads on the handle
- Affordable, but high-end materials
- Removing mop pad only requires a bit of tugging
11. MEXERRIS Microfiber Floor Mop
- Striking black and red design
- Comes ready with 4 reusable mop pads
- Equipped with a dirt scraper
The MEXERRIS Microfiber floor mop was designed ideally for wet or dry use. Its microfiber cleaning cloth handles both tasks perfectly since dirt clings to microfiber more effectively than cotton materials and it could absorb water effortlessly. It can even be used for waxing your floors, if needed.
This modern mop has been tested with vinyl, linoleum, hardwood, tile, laminate, stone, concrete and other wooden flooring.
The MEXERRIS Microfiber floor mop has all the features of modern mops — 360-degree rotating mop head to reach every corner of your home, wide mop pad to cover more areas per sweep, super-absorbent microfiber cloth, and non-slip handles all in one cool package.
But what people love about MEXERRIS Microfiber floor mop is the extra features it brought to the table, such as the rotate-lock function, rugged mop plate design with double-row tooth click and anti-pinch feature, as well as the dirt scrubber with a flat edge, spatula and toothed-edge to remove all kinds of obstruction from bubble gum to chunks of hair.
- Lightweight, but does the job well
- Glides through any surface with ease
- User-friendly assembly and operation
- Handle can be very lightweight to some people
12. AmazonBasics Spray Mop
- Built-in bottle for solution
- No-fuss mop design
- Lightweight and easy to handle
Available in a cool blue and white design, the AmazonBasics Spray Mop is far from being basic. You’re given a choice to buy the microfiber version, or a disposable cloth as mop pad (for a cheaper price), but you have to go with the microfiber simply because it’s reusable, absorbs a ton more dirt, and machine-washable too.
The mop swivels 360 degrees, giving you control over hard-to-reach areas near the ceiling and below furniture. It comes with a refillable bottle to fill in your favorite cleaning solutions. You can manage how little or how much you want to spray from the handle. This removes the need for a water bucket or spray whenever you want to mop.
- Microfiber mop pad locks in dirt and dust naturally
- Spray is responsive (releases cleaning liquid whenever you want to)
- Comes with 350-ml cleaning solution bottle
- Option to buy cleaning solution (but sold separately)
Wrap Up: The Best Microfiber Mop available today
Mops have come a long way from just tools of sweeping the floor. Today, with the power of microfiber cloth and specifically designed features that make anyone’s cleaning duties much much easier, you can buy some of the best microfiber mop in the market without breaking the bank.
The best microfiber mop for you and your household (or office) depends largely on the type of flooring you have, and frequency of cleaning. Budget isn’t a big consideration, since most microfiber mops are priced between $20 and $30, but the number of times you can re-wash the mop pads will determine the maximum lifetime of your mop.
Assuming that the microfiber cloth used on the mop you buy is legitimate, then you’ll be able to attract more dirt, dust and debris. For wet mopping, microfiber pads absorb water perfectly, allowing you to mop even without tugging along a spray bottle or bucket of water as you go.
Choose the best microfiber mop based on your flooring. For example, hardwood flooring needs a bit more love than cement or tiles. You’d have to dust off dirt first, before deep-cleaning it with water and vinegar or other cleaning solutions to remove oil, grime and stubborn dirt. Most microfiber mops are designed to work for both wet and dry use, but some only perform either as a dry or wet mop.
Features like adjustable and slip-proof handles, 360-degree rotation, double-sided mop pads, built-in bottle for all your cleaning solutions, and machine-washable mop pads are just some of the features you should look for when shopping for the best microfiber mop for day-to-day cleaning.